Even in Switzerland, this won’t leave you feeling neutral
If you plan on spending most of your time around one location in Switzerland, you’re going to love the Swiss Card from Rail Europe.
It provides round-trip travel from any Swiss airport or border station, then gives you a 50% discount on locally Swiss bought tickets for Swiss railways, lake steamers, postal buses and Alp excursions. And since Switzerland is a small country, you’ll be able to see a lot of it from one place. At its greatest extent it’s only 220 miles by 140 miles.
Still, nothing makes more of Switzerland than a Swiss Card from Rail Europe. Whether you prefer to experience spectacular mountaintop vistas, go for boat rides in pristine lakes with glacier views, or take a mountain bike tour in search of alpine wildlife, you’ll find it’s always up for the ride. Even in Switzerland, it just doesn’t get more diplomatic than that.
Here's what you get:
- This card gives you round-trip transfer from any Swiss airport or border station to a Swiss destination.
- 50% discount on all train, postal-bus, boats and mountaintop excursion tickets purchased locally. (Discount expires on the day of return.)
- Inbound and outbound journey must be completed within 1 month.
Child Policy: The Swiss Family Card is a terrific value that allows children (6-15 years of age) to travel free when accompanied by a parent or guardian. Each Swiss Family Card is valid for up to 7 children. Swiss Family Cards are free and can be picked up at any Swiss train station prior to boarding your first train. Children under age 6 travel free when sharing an adult traveler's accommodations.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Switzerland & Liechtenstein are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Reservations are required on all scenic and high-speed trains. Reservations are not recommended/necessary on all other trains in Switzerland.
- Prices are subject to change.