Private Day tour from Interlaken: Lake, Gorge & WaterfallDiscover the must sees and hidden treasures of the Jungfrau Region surrounding Interlaken, Switzerland on a private custom-tailored tour led by a (...)
503 Service UnavailableNo server is available to handle this request.
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Greet your personal Swiss guide in the morning at your Interlaken hotel. Begin the tour by visiting the fishing village of Iseltwald to stroll through its quiet streets and photograph the beautiful, turquoise Lake Brienz. After a short drive, stop and see the stunning Giessbach Falls. Go for a short bridge walk and even pass under the waterfall to feel the power of the water first-hand. Ride Europe's oldest funicular railway up to the magestic Swiss Giessbach Grandhotel to relax and take in the view from its beautiful terrace or visit the garden to catch a glimpse of 14 waterfalls.
Next, take the funicular railway down to the boat station and enjoy a relaxing 10-minute boat ride across the lake to Brienz. Take a short break to enjoy a typical Swiss picnic lunch at the picturesque Brienz lakeside. After lunch, visit one of Europe's most beautiful streets, the Brunngasse. There you will see lovely traditional Swiss chalet houses decorated with flowers. Brienz is well-known for its history of woodcarving and violin-making. Stop at the Jobin, the oldest woodcarving manufacturer in Brienze, where you can purchase a handmade cuckoo clock.
Later in the afternoon, pay a visit to the Alpine Zoo, where you will have an opportunity to hand-feed mountain goats. Continue the tour by paying a visit to Switzerland's impressive Aare Gorge. Take a short walk into the gorge, or for a truly unforgettable experience, trek through the entire series of walkways and tunnels through the gorge and be picked up on the other end. Finally, stop at the harbor in Interlaken to watch the sunset for a perfect ending to your unforgettable Swiss tour. Enjoy a piece of heaven at this beautiful spot before being transferred back to your hotel. All transportation is via private vehicle and the itinerary and schedule can be adjusted according to your personal preferences.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private day tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Aare Gorge
- Swiss snacks and water
What's NOT inside
- Boat ride & Funicular ride
- Hotel accommodation
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Non-exchangeable, non-refundable.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Pricing is per group of up to 6 people
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise number of children and age at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please inform us about your preferred pick up time!