Independent Mount Rigi Tour, Lake Lucerne CruiseThis independent Mount Rigi tour from Lucerne combines a round-trip boat cruise, cogwheel railway ride and aerial cable car ride for an epic (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Lucerne, Lucerne Switzerland
Beautiful views on the lake and surrounding mountains.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Detailed timetables
- Round-trip Lake Lucerne cruise
- Round-trip cogwheel train
- Aerial cable car ride
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Optional activities at own expense
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Snacks and drinks are available for purchase on board
- Please note: children tickets (age 6-16) must be purchased on the day and will be available at a reduced rate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to revision work on the cable car from March, 9 until April, 9 2020 Rigi is only accessible via cogwheel train from Vitznau.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Reviews & ratings Independent Mount Rigi Tour from Lucerne Including Lake Lucerne Cruise
"Loved the trip. Cog railway was great. Went through the clouds and into the sun and snow capped mountains. Just wish we had scheduled more time at the (...) "
"excellent trip, 5 hours is more than enough. But more details about the trip is preferred, like the boat departure point and the time of all scheduled time for (...) "
"Very accommodating and no time restraints . You can do the whole tour at your own pace. Very beautiful sights. Highly recommend this (...) "
"Trip was good with easy connections- however nobody recognises the voucher and theefore everytime it is shown there is a debate before they shrug their shoulders and (...) "
"Was an enjoyable trip once the clouds cleared. If it is cloudy you will not see any of the views. I would recommend printing the tickets as it was difficult to show (...) "
"We took this tour last Thursday and it would have been much more enjoyable if it had been a better day weatherwise. Did not stay at the top of Mt Rigi at all because (...) "
"We enjoyed the Mount Rigi Tour, the views were spectacular and the half day was more than sufficient. The only issue we had was with the cable car to Weggis. We were (...) "
"This was great, you basically can choose your own adventure, if you choose the whole day you can come back whenever so it just gives you great flexibility. The one (...) "
"Not a huge fan of it being self-guided, only because I wanted some reassurance on where to go and how to read the time timetables. However, the staff that runs the (...) "
"it was a fantastic tour, we enjoyed allot. However, we were hoping to meet someone from viator to hand us over our schedules and passes as mentioned. Since no one (...) "