An offer like this is almost indescribable, but we’ll try. Imagine a pristine alpine haven where you can ski, hike, snowboard and go on dogsled rides through some of the most scenic outlooks in the world. Where the world’s highest toboggan run is waiting to whisk you through one glacier vista after another at speeds of up to 25 mph. Where else can you see 24 snow-capped mountain giants including Eiger, Mönch & Jungfrau, the Matterhorn, Grand Combin and even Mont Blanc ? Where else can you walk between two peaks on a beautifully engineered suspension footbridge that leads to a summit station with a restaurant where you pinch yourself to make sure it’s all real ? And where you are aware of every breath you take, not just because you can see your breath, but because you can’t believe how alive you feel ? Only here. This is Glacier 3000.
Experience the thrill of Glacier 3000 with this great excursion
- Board the cable car in Col du Pillon to the Glacier 3000 mountain station
- Dramatic panoramic views of 24 snow-capped peaks including the well-known Jungfrau, Matterhorn, Eiger, and Mont BlancIssued as an exchange voucher
- Tissot Peak Walk – 107 m long (351 feet) suspension bridge with stunning views connecting two peaks
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
- Ice Express Chairlift : your ride to the Glacier and many activities including Glacier Walk and Fun Park
- Roundtrip travel from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 by cable car.
- Peak Walk by Tissot : suspension footbridge of 107m/351ft length, open year-round, free of charge.
- Includes Ice Express Chairlift, Glacier Walk and Fun Park.
- Discounted fares are from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 when traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- Eurail Pass holders and Swiss Half Fare Card holders will need to purchase an additional ticket for the postal bus from Gstaad or Les Diablerets to Col du Pillon. (Les Diablerets is 3/4 mile from Col du Pillon).
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of date of issue with cashier at the valley station in Col du Pillon.
- Tickets are valid for six months from date of purchase.
- Cable car operates daily every 20 minutes to summit station Glacier 3000 from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. (Travel time : 15 minutes).
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. How can I track my shipment ?
A. A shipping confirmation email will be sent to you when your booking has shipped and it will contain the tracking number for your travel documents. Please use this email to track your package.
Q. Will the train cars be air conditioned/heated ?
A. All European trains are fully heated and many are air-conditioned, as well.
Some regional trains servicing local villages for short distances may not have air-conditioning. In these situations, travellers are permitted to open the train windows.
Q. Are there discounts available for rail passes ?
A. Yes, many rail passes offer discounted options. The most common discounts are :
Child discount : Children between 4 -11 years of age usually travel for half the price of the regular adult rate. Most Eurail passes offer free travel for up to two children per adult pass holder.
Youth Discount : If you or anyone in your party is a traveller aged 12 to under 28 years of age on the first date of travel, discounted rates are available for certain rail passes.
Senior Discount : Seniors over the age of 60 are eligible for a discounted rate on certain rail passes.
Saver Discount : Small groups of 2 to 5 people traveling together are eligible for savings of about 15% on certain rail passes.
Group Discount : If you travel in a party of 10 or more, see our special group offers for a more customized travel solution.
Q. Where can I store my luggage on an overnight train ?
A. Luggage can be stored on a small luggage rack and any floor or bed space available. Keep in mind that this space is shared among all travellers occupying the sleeping compartment or couchette.
Q. What should I do if I am downgraded due to equipment issues, or affected by a traffic disruption or a strike ?
A. If your travel is affected by circumstances beyond your control, such as a strike or mechanical problems, the railroad will often put in place measures to compensate travellers.
If a train is canceled by the railroads due to a mechanical issue and alternate transportation has not been offered or you decline the alternate transportation, then a railway official at the origin station must cancel your seat and they must stamp the back of your ticket/reservation “Not Used Due to Mechanical Issue” before the original train departure time.
Our partners at the European Railroads will not allow us to process a refund unless this step has been taken.
Please send the ticket to our Customer Relations department within 30-days from the train departure date so that they can process any applicable refund.
Q. I placed a booking on your website but received a message saying my booking needs to be reviewed by a Travel Consultant. Why ?
A. Sometimes, certain products within your booking are not available for confirmation at the time of booking and one of our Travel Consultants needs to manually confirm your booking. Once confirmed, we will contact you to advise it has been finalized and issued.
Q. I selected a ticket but when I went to place my booking, the price changed. I went back to search for train tickets and saw the same price listed again in the results. Why did this happen ?
A. For most trains, the price quoted is based on “live” availability, however, for certain trains we cannot check fare availability at the time of quotation due to the technical limitations of the international rail distribution system. Therefore, we use a stored price to build your quote, based on previously confirmed fares for the trip you requested.
In rare cases, we find out that the fare used for quoting your trip is no longer available upon confirming your reservation. At that time, we receive a new price from the system based on that very moment’s availability.
Unfortunately, due to these same technical limitations, we are unable to update the stored price for a specific train, even if we find out at the time of confirmation that a fare is no longer available.
Rest assured that we’re working actively to ensure that all prices quoted to you are based on live availability and limit the usage of stored prices for quotation purposes.
Q. Are the fares offered on your website based on live availability ?
A. Yes, in most cases. The fares displayed on our website are based on current seat availability at the time you requested the fares and schedules for your journey. our booking engine has a direct link to the inventory of many European rail carriers including SNCF, Eurostar, Thalys, DB, Trenitalia, RENFE, the UK’s Association Of Train Operating Companies, and more.
There are some routes which we can only display a cached price at the time of quotation, based on generally available fares for those trains. Actual confirmation of space and fare occurs upon completion of your order. If there are any issues, you’ll be contacted.
Q. Is dinner and/or breakfast included with my reservation on an overnight train ?
A. When you travel on an overnight train meal inclusions vary depending on the train you are on, as well as what type of train ticket you have purchased. With the purchase of a Premier class ticket, you will generally get a meal on board the train. This meal is typically breakfast in the morning. Some trains will bring the meal to you in your compartment, while other trains will serve you breakfast in the restaurant car on board the train.
If you are not traveling in a First Class sleeping compartment, don’t worry, you won’t starve on board ! Overnight trains all include a restaurant car, bar car or vending machine services containing hot/cold drinks and snacks. Most restaurant/bar cars are open until at least 1:00am. Additionally, you can purchase food before hopping on board the train and eat as you wish. Though not included with the price of your ticket, you can certainly find something to eat during the ride.
Q. Are train tickets exchangeable and refundable ?
A. It depends. Exchange and refund rules are governed by the kind of fare you booked.
When browsing fares on our website, you can read a brief description of each fare flexibility level, and then see the full exchange and refund conditions for each fare.
Once you have booked a train ticket with us, its exchange and refund rules will be indicated in your Rail Europe booking confirmation email, as well as printed with your train ticket and/or on the ticket jacket in the case of paper tickets. Please note that train tickets must be received for exchange or refund within the allowed time frame mentioned in the exchange and refund conditions.
Refunds, when applicable, can only be applied to unused and unvalidated train tickets.
Be sure to view the complete refund and exchange rules for the product you are booking to see any applicable penalty and administrative fees.
If you’ve purchased the Rail Protection Plan to cover your train ticket, you can exchange it for either the same thing or a new product. To start an exchange under the Rail Protection Plan, please contact us via our Contact Us page.