That’s all it takes to book an escorted full day tour with Rail Europe that departs from London and travels to Stratford, Oxford, and Warwick Castle. Board the deluxe coach in London for your first stop at Oxford, Britain’s oldest university. Then you’ll book it to Stratford upon Avon, where you’ll travel to the birthplace of William Shakespeare and the romantic thatched cottage where he wooed his beloved Anne Hathaway. Soak in the 12th century atmosphere before you experience knight-time at Warwick castle, a grand medieval rampart. You’ll return by bus to London after a perfect day. ‘Tis such stuff as dreams are made on.
Stratford, Oxford, Cotswolds and Warwick Castle
When touring castles, a little British reserve is quite helpful
Here’s what’s included :
- Choice of 2 tour options : escorted tour with lunch pack, or the Discovery tour (site entrances or lunch pack not included).
- Escorted tour with lunch pack includes :
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Entry to Brasenose College
- Scenic drive through the Cotswolds
- Complimentary lunch pack with sandwich, bottle of water and fruit
- Entry to Shakespeare’s birthplace
- Explore Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Entry to and extended visit to Warwick Castle
- Beginning April 1, 2016 : Select Free Walking Tours available,
- vouchers must be collected from the Golden Tours office in
- Victoria on the day of the tour and must be used within 48 hours after
- Coach Tour date. (not offered with Discovery Tours)
- Discovery tour without entrances or lunch pack includes :
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Scenic drive through Cotswolds
- Explore Stratford-Upon-Avon
- See Warwick Castle
- Does not include entrance fees
- Special reduced rate for children ages 3 -16.
- Reservation must be made at least 24 hours before tour begins. Details on making reservations are included with your voucher.
- This tour begins at 8:45am and finishes at approximately 7:00pm.
- For hotel pick up times please refer to the FAQ section.
- Tour operates : daily
- Travelers should wait by the concierge desk for pickup of their tour at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Voucher must be exchanged within 6 months of purchase date.
- Once the tour has been reserved the tour is non-refundable.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Can I request preferences for assigning my seat, such as a forward facing seat, a window, or an aisle ?
A. You can make a request for seat locations on the train for some trains, the option will be presented to you when you select a specific train ticket fare. Seat selections cannot be guaranteed, but will be taken into consideration when the reservation is completed. If confirming a seat preference is essential, please contact us prior to booking using the Contact Us page.
Q. Are there facilities on board for disabled travellers ?
A. Special amenities for disabled travellers are offered on trains and at many train stations, and are clearly indicated with pictograms (for telephones, toilets, elevators, etc.).
Special equipment is also available for use by disabled travellers but must be reserved locally in advance. You can do this while you’re in Europe by inquiring at the train station or through your hotel concierge.
Be sure to specify if you need personal assistance (whether with a wheelchair, boarding, etc.).
Q. Who should I contact with questions about my exchange or refund ?
A. You can visit our Contact Us page to send us a message about exchanges and refunds.
In your message, please be sure to include the original booking number, your contact information, and which item(s) you’re requesting a refund for. If you’re requesting an exchange under the Rail Protection Plan™, note this in your email as well.
Q. Can I print my rail pass at the station ?
A. At this time, most rail passes are printed as a paper document and must be shipped to you prior to your departure to Europe. If a rail pass is offered as an e-pass this option will be offered at the time of booking. For rail passes offered as e-passes, you will need to print it out on paper prior to arriving at the train station..
Q. How do I connect between train stations in the same city ?
A. There is often an easy connection by public transportation between train stations within the same city or town.
Q. I received my e-ticket as a pdf but wasn’t able to print it. Can I print it at the station ?
A. French print at home e-tickets can be re-issued from a self-service kiosk at the station. You will need the e-ticket # located on your booking confirmation email.
Eurostar print at home e-tickets can be re-issued at the Eurostar desk in the departure station, but there is a 15£ fee per ticket. You will need the e-ticket # located on your booking confirmation email.
No other print at home e-tickets can be re-issued at the station.
Q. Who is eligible to buy a rail pass ?
A. Rail passes are available to anyone except residents of Europe, the United Kingdom, Morocco, Turkey or any of the countries of the former Soviet Union. If you’re a resident of these countries we can’t sell you our rail passes, but there are other similar options available to you such as the InterRail pass.
Q. How can I ensure that my traveling party is seated together ?
A. In general, when you request fares and schedules for multiple travellers at once, we’ll always attempt to request that they be seated together. The best way to ensure this is to correctly indicate the number of travellers when you request your fares and schedules for your itinerary.
Occasionally, it might not be possible to seat everyone together based on availability at the time of booking, in which case the travellers will be seated in the closest available seats.
If the train you’ll be taking is non-reservable, all you have to do is board the train and sit in any available seat with the rest of your party.
Q. How do I book a train ticket on your site ?
A. We have an easy-to-use booking form right on the homepage of our site. Simply enter your departure and arrival cities, the date you’d like to travel, approximate time of day, and number of passengers. If you have a rail pass, be sure to check the "I have a rail pass" box so that we can search the best fares for your journey.
Q. Do I need to purchase a reservation and if I do, how do I book it ?
A. To find out if the train you plan on taking requires travellers with a pass to purchase a seat reservation, use our reservation booking tool.
You can book most reservations from our website or mobile site, prior to your departure to Europe. In some countries, Greece and Portugal as an example, seat reservations are mandatory for some trains and can only be purchased locally.
If you’re already in Europe, you can still purchase your reservation from us as long as e-tickets are offered for the train you wish to travel on.