The most memorable, comfortable way to see the Alps
- Zermatt - St Moritz: 08:06
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Scenic trains
- Unique travel experience
- Panoramic route
The Glacier Express is the ideal way to travel from the eastern to the western Swiss Alps by train. Your 7½ hour journey begins either in St. Moritz, Chur or Davos (summer only) and takes you to Zermatt (or vice versa). Along the way, venture across steep mountain passes and impressive viaducts. The Glacier Express travels through 91 tunnels and cross 291 bridges while you experience the alpine wonders of Switzerland.
The Glacier Express is famous for its panoramic views of snow-capped mountains, breathtaking rivers, peaceful alpine pastures, magical castles, and charming villages. It’s also famous for its unrivaled pampering of travelers throughout the train journey.
Cities covered by the Glacier Express:
- St Moritz
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
- Glacier Express tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
A class apart
Classes of service
|Second class||First class|
|Rail Carrier DesignationClass of service for the Rail Carrier, as you might see on your ticket.||Second class||First class|
|Generous legroom Watch rolling landscapes pass with room to stretch your legs.|
|Panoramic cars Experience the exquisite landscape pass by through large panoramic windows.|
|Spacious seats Make yourself at home as you journey from one city to the next in a comfy leather seat with headrest.|
|Bar buffet car Choose from a variety of tasty snacks and beverages, for purchase, to enjoy on your journey.|